Weinfelder Maar: The former parish church of Weinfeld is the only building that survived when the village was wiped out by the plague in the 16th century.
The short west tower and the square choir with its cross-ribbed vaults are Gothic and date from the 14th century, whereas the biaxial flat-ceilinged nave dates from 1723. On the western side of the maar crater, cinders and Devonian slate are visible.
Schalkenmehrener Maar: The Schalkenmehrener Maar was originally a double maar. It was named after the village Schalkenmehren on the south bank of the lake. The eastern part of the maar has become silted up and supports fenland vegetation.